Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sleeping in...

I was still in bed when my husband left for work this morning. He came to give me a good-bye kiss and wanted to know what happened to getting up early. It's too hard, I told him. Bed is always at its best in the morning. So I didn't get up until 7:37 and only then because of the bathroom thing. When you gotta go, you gotta go. And if it's after 7:30, what's the point of going back to bed?

I had 22 emails this morning and none of them were anything special. I get more junk mail via email than regular mail anymore.

The house was freezing! 71 degrees. I had to turn the heat on.

This is going to be the most boring blog ever.

Okay, I have my Diet Coke and Cheerios, that ought to spice things up.

I remember a long time ago, watching a news report about a man who wrote down literally every thing he did all day every day. He'd write things like: ate beans, watched television, went to the bathroom. You have to wonder where behavior like that comes from. I mean, is excessive journaling an obsessive compulsive disorder?

You know how those people take their cameras and video recorders on vacation and spend the entire time looking through a lens? They're watching their vacation more than having it. It's like actually having it would be too intimate so they have to put a barrier between themselves and relaxation under the guise of having memories of it. But what are their memories going to be of? Taking video of other people playing on the beach?

I think that man is the same way only with life. Somehow he became so obsessed with documenting his life, he stopped living it.

Maybe that's what I'm doing here...on one of my four blogs. I hope not. But I have to admit, this morning, when I sat down to face the blank page, I considered chronicling my every move this morning. But I knew that wasn't the purpose of this blog. Each blog has a purpose. This blog's purpose is to get me writing first thing in the morning here in sunny Florida. Because a writer writes. It's as simple as that. And if you start out your day carving the groove you want to be in, it's so much easier to continue that way.

So, pull up your computer screen and sip your Diet Coke and enjoy every morning. (Every morning? Maybe.) That is...if the groove you're looking for every morning is reading how other people get into their grooves.

There, that wasn't so bad. I was going to write about poop. Aren't you glad I didn't write about poop? Maybe tomorrow I will write about poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment