Friday, September 9, 2011

Raised a wimp, always a wimp...

Right. So, I see the last time I posted here it was February. I don't even have the time or energy to relate everything that has occurred with regard to writing since that time. Suffice it to say that actual writing has been  minimal.

I am seriously considering giving up Zumba...again. I'm injured right now and haven't taught a class for almost two weeks. I don't miss it. I almost dread going back. So, why should I?

I mentioned the idea to hubs and he thought I was out of my mind. You can't quit Zumba. Your foot will get better. You won't write even if you quit Zumba. Zumba isn't the problem. If you wanted to write, you would write.

And then I told my dance teacher that I might not continue and she said, but you love it!

Sigh. I love parts of it. But I don't love that it's a job. And I don't love that I love it. I spend so much time on it. Looking for music, finding, learning, or creating choreography. Practicing for class. It consumes my life.

I've started writing two days a week while my son is at the community college. But two days a week isn't good enough.

I know I'll miss Zumba if I quit. But I'll be fifty soon. My foot hurts like hell. And god damn it I want to be a writer!

Why do I let Zumba and other people push me around?

No comments:

Post a Comment