Monday, September 19, 2011

Why do they hate babies?

Have you seen those Gerber commercials with the toddlers who do things toddlers can't really do? Are you as freaked out by them as I am? It's just not natural (like sweating in your bra). I am so bothered by them I went to Gerber's website and tried to complain. I wanted to ask them, if they cared about babies and toddlers so much, why were they trying to make them into freakish little adults?

But they wanted all of my information before I could lodge a complaint and I decided it just wasn't worth it, especially since I could come here and mouth off about it. So, cut it out, Gerber! Babies and toddlers are adorable the way they are. They don't have to juggle and break dance to get our attention.

So, you're wondering how the writing has been going, aren't you? Meh. I have a lot of work to do and I'm planning it all out. I think I'm going to have to write on weekends as well as weekdays. There's just too much to do to take weekends off. But for some reason, I have trouble writing when my husband is in the house.

Today, I spend three hours at the community college and I have my writing plan in place.

My foot still hurts and I don't miss teaching Zumba yet. One of my former students sent me an email pretty much telling me how insane it was that I would quit teaching. Maybe it is weird to purposefully not do something you're good at. But I can't do everything I'm good at. I'm good at so darned many things. Sometimes you just have to make a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment