|Photo by Bart Everson via Flickr|
Gotcha! After I posted the 10 Things I Hate about October in the Sunshine State, you didn't think I liked anything about it, did you? You didn't think I'd turn the tables. Well, here the tables are...turned!
It's true enough that I don't like hot weather and wish I could wear sweaters. But let's face it, I'm getting old...and pudgy. Scraping snow off a car windshield and waddling around looking dumpy covered in a lot of yarn is probably not a good deal for me.
So here are 5 things I love about October in Florida.
1. It's not too hot anymore. There's a slight...not hotness in the air. I don't break out in a sweat just by opening the door. Glory hallelujah, it's not so freakin' hot! (Check out the way hallelujah is spelled.)
|Photo by Joe Crawford via Flickr|
2. Reese's Pumpkins! The aisles of Walmart are filled with candy and the best candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins. The Reese's specialty shapes have a different ratio of chocolate to peanut butter, and that makes them BETTER! This year, I have pledged not to purchase any pumpkins until after the Florida Writer's Association conference, which, as it happens, is this weekend. (This is an arbitrary date...just trying to hold off with the gorging. But it will no doubt lead to peanut butter pumpkin hoarding.)
|Photo by Sam Howzit via Flickr|
3. The Epcot Food & Wine Festival! That's right, every year I get to go to Epcot and stuff my face with treats from around the world (well, supposedly) and blog about it!
4. Halloween! Okay, so no trick or treaters at our house, but Halloween means Hocus Pocus!
5. As soon as October ends, the HOLIDAYS begin! The air will cool even more and I'll start thinking about turkeys and cookie schedules. There will be holiday music in the stores. We'll put up a tree and pretend it's cold outside.
I tried to think of 10 things I love about October in the Sunshine State...but I couldn't manage it. And number 5 is really about the end of October so it technically doesn't count. Nonetheless, I have done my duty in fair and balanced blogging...